Gurugram, Haryana, India
Experience: 15 – 20 Years
Annual Salary: 75 Lpa (Including variable) INR
Work Location: Gurugram, Haryana, India
Domain: Banking/Financial Services/Insurance
This Leadership Role is in Markets Risk and reports to the Head of India Risk. In this position you will be responsible for leading the Analytics and Engineering division of Risk in the company in India.
What the Business does:
Risk Analytics & Engineering is aligned with Enterprise Wide Risk vertical. It houses all central quantitative Risk functions including Risk Models & Methodology development and management, and analytics for Counterparty Credit Risk Management.
Role Holder will provide leadership & oversight to following teams/areas –
On model performance and testing to support capital waiver requirements.
Market Data Methodology- Designing Data Architecture and implementing Data Quality Monitoring tool to support BCBS239 compliance.
Counterparty Credit Risk Measurement- Leading pre-deal estimation for limit utilisation for Exotic Derivatives trades and be the 2nd line oversight to Prime Services Risk Management.
Your responsibilities will include –
Guiding, coaching and supporting new risk metrics methodology, standards and toolsets; building capability and driving bank-wide compliance.
Managing a complex matrix of multiple senior stakeholder engagement within global Risk, Finance, IT, and Front Office towards various transformation and technology improvement projects.
Developing and maintaining a suitably flexible team structure and approach that can adapt to changing priorities, including ad hoc requirements and enquiries (both internal and external (e.g. regulatory)) and when business continuity plans are invoked.
The Skills You Will Need:
Atleast 12 years of proven experience in data-driven analysis and statistical or stochastic modelling.
The role requires a broader understanding of Traded Risk, including an understanding of Rates, FX, Credit asset classes.
Ability to effectively provide technical, execution and operational guidance to various sub-functions.
Ability to understand the bigger picture and gain technical insight to act as an effective advisor.
Masters/PhD degree in numerate disciple is required, prior experience in leading a sub-function in the quantitative area or market risk or pricing model is essential.
Ability to formulate and set the right practice to drive employee engagement and culture of effective performance management.
- We’re looking for someone with Proven Track record in data driven analysis and statistical / stochastic modelling.
In what capacity have you worked for either pricing or traded risk models? Mathematical base to understand stochastic calculus is a must for this role – how will you rate yourself on the topic? How hands –on are you? If previous experience in Risk, clarify whether it is for Investment banking and in that whether it was Market Risk or Counterparty Credit Risk?
- Role requires broader understanding of Traded Products specifically Rates & FX
- How will you rate yourself on derivative understanding? Have you worked on any risk factor/pricing related model? Cross team projects – spanning over teams you don’t directly control.
- Have you been part of a cross team project? In which capacity? What exactly was your contribution? At Director Level – we are keen to understand technical leadership role undertaken by the candidate where he/she has provided inputs in deciding what and how things should be done Exposure/working understanding of technologies ex – Python, Programming C/C++ or familiarity with statistical tools such as R. (We’re not looking for tech developer)
- Question on specific involvement, comfort level and self-rating on familiarity. Cross team leadership role, spanning approx. 40-45 resources.
- Ideal candidate should be seasoned people manager and comfortable with dealing with senior stakeholders (Sr. Directors and above in UK). Will require to present Quantitative reports to various senior committees.