City: New York, USA
Location: Central Islip, NY
Experience: 2 – 20 Years
Salary: As per Industry Standards.
This position is a Production Operator assigned to support Compression. This is an hourly labourer and individual contributor role that will report to a Front-Line Supervisor. This position may be based at the Company’s manufacturing units in Hauppauge or Central Islip, New York.
The person should be able to operate Sejong & Cadmach compression machines independently (PREFERRED)
There are positions open for Compression, and these will be in either Morning Shifts or Evening Shift.
Morning Shift (7am – 3.30pm)
Evening shift (3pm – 11.30pm)
- Persons should be able to operate Sejong & Cadmach compression machines independently (PREFERRED)
- Execute manufacturing processes in accordance with batch manufacturing record (BMR) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) requirements.
- Perform machine changeovers, cleaning and set up as per SOPs. Ensure the proper area & equipment cleanliness and setup in stipulated time.
- Prepare a room and equipment for line clearance, replace room filters, Ensure verification and calibration of balance/scale and check pressure differential for the rooms.
- Ensure line clearance before initiating manufacturing activities in each area.
- Receive/transfer material from/to dispensing/manufacturing storage and check dispensed materials/final mix blend/compressed tablets and labelling as per BMR.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as stated in the SOP/BMR before initiating the process.
- Able to operate applicable equipment independently as per the area of operation.
- Troubleshoot and make appropriate adjustments to equipment to maintain product/BMR specifications.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards during all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Complete manufacturing documents on time, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for training on all relevant SOPs and always maintaining compliance with related SOPs and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in the manufacturing process.
- Perform duties through the proper, safe use of equipment, according to Health & Safety procedures and Equipment Manuals.
- Flexible to work extended hours, to achieve a manufacturing schedule when needed.
- Should maintain discipline and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Should perform entire duties as communicated from time to time by department management/designee.
- Solid mechanical aptitude.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in industrial environments such as pharmaceutical manufacturing and related settings.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly communicate in English (verbally and in writing).
- Positive, professional attitude toward work and willingness to cooperate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to work different shifts as per organizational requirement and should be flexible for working additional hours such as overtime and weekends.
- Should not have any restriction to work with powder containing active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- This position requires the ability to do heavy lifting/bending frequently.
- Long periods of standing up/walking during the working hours; ability to ascent/descent ladders; and able to lift to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to move pallets/equipment weighing about 200 – 300 kgs using suitable moving equipment like pallet jacks.
About the client:
The client is a leading global pharmaceutical company, dedicated to high-quality, branded and generic medicines. We are trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across geographies. Over the last eight decades, client has strengthened our leadership in India’s pharmaceutical industry and fortified our promise of strengthening our global focus by consolidating and deepening our presence in the key markets of India, South Africa, the U.S., and other economies of the emerging world. The client employs handpicked professionals not just for their knowledge and experience but for their zeal to make a difference to the world of healthcare. The company believes that our biggest assets are the employees, who lead us to prosperity and growth in the future. Driven by the vision, none shall be denied, Client’s focus has always been on making affordable, world-class medicines with a reputation for uncompromising quality standards across the world.